You probably have a bottle of Listerine in your medicine cabinet for keeping your breath fresh. But did you know that mouthwash such as Listerine has many other different applications? As it happens, when Listerine was invented in 1879, it was used as a disinfectant (amongst other things) and was only used as a mouthwash for the first time in 1970.
Reduce body odor
- Ever run out of your deodorant and not have a replacement on hand?
- Just pour a little bit of Listerine onto a cotton swab and apply the mouthwash to your armpits.
- And just like that, you don’t have to worry about your body odor anymore.
As a disinfectant
- As mentioned above, Listerine was originally used to keep not our mouths, but rather our homes clean and sterile.
- If you pour mouthwash into your toilet, it sounds wasteful but actually, you can clean your toilet like this and simultaneously it imparts a nice smell to your bathroom.
- Even bacteria and fungi can be eliminated like this.
Soothe mosquito bites
- If you ever get stung by a mosquito or have other small bites, Listerine can alleviate the itch.
- This will prevent you from scratching yourself and will also disinfect the bite area.
- Surprisingly, mouthwash used to be recommended as a way to prevent dandruff.
- Simply add a little bit to your scalp and wash thoroughly.
- You can use this mouthwash to free your skin of pimples and blackheads.
- Add a little mouthwash to a cotton swab and carefully apply to your skin.
- This way you can get control of the situation again!
Eliminate nail fungus
- Mouthwash is a great remedy against nail fungus. Just take a bowl and fill it with Listerine.
- If you just take a foot bath for about 30 minutes in the Listerine, the mouthwash will eliminate the fungus.
For your toothbrush
- If your toothbrush is constantly in a moist environment such as in your bathroom, then it’s very easy for bacteria to congregate on the bristles.
- So fill up a glass with mouthwash and dip your toothbrush in it overnight.
- This way bacteria have no chance!
- These various uses may seem strange at first glance but if they make your life easier, then give it a try.
- Perhaps you’ll get a surprise!
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Pinterest. Thank you!